Friday 12 March 2010

Kevyn Aucoin Essential Palette and Expert Lip Tint

Kevin Aucoin was briefly available in the UK quite a while back, then it was pulled, so I was very pleased to notice that http://www.misebeauty.com/ stocked the brand.
I’ve heard mostly good things about the brand so picked up the Essential Eyeshadow Set-Palette #2 (£40) and the Expert Lip Tint in Leaharia (£17)

The palette contains a charcoal-black, shimmery lavender/silver taupe, sheer shimmery tan/beige, frosty white, and a sheer shimmery beige/champagne

The shades blend nicely but I do need to wear a base to prevent colour fade. Its not my favourite eye shadow brand and the colours don’t wow me but it’s a great palette for a easy neutral or smokey eye look.

For something described as a tint I would say the Expert Lip Tint is rather pigmented. Leaharia is a classic pinky brown but leans more to the brown side and I’d say is neutral to cool. It’s not drying and has a nice smooth texture, it is scented.
I’m not sure what is going on with the KA brand as it seems to be pulling out of the stores in America and there is talk that they are going to start selling through other channels? I’m not sure if this is good news or not if you are a KA fan.
I bought some more things, which I’ll post about soon; service from misebeauty was again faultless, super quick delivery and lots of nice samples.

2 comments:

  1. this palette is one of those items that I've wanted forever! the taupe shade looks so good :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Em,
    I think it would look great with your colouring. I bought it for the taupe shade I must admit :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin