Sunday 19 September 2010

Guerlain fall Kiss Kiss Essence de Gloss & Rouge G de Guerlain lipstick

Part of the fall 2010 collection was the release of the new lip-gloss formula, Kiss Kiss Essence de Gloss (£20). Its meant to have anti-aging ingredients and smooth and plump lips with continued use. I can't attest to the long-term anti ageing benefit but it does seem to make those little lip lines a lot less noticeable. The gloss is pigmented and has a glossy, high shine finish. I bought Grenat which is a medium slightly warm rose.
It feels comfortable on, but does have a very slight tackiness to it ( I'm very picky with my glosses) however its not enough to put me off buying more.
Of the four new Rouge G de Guerlain lipsticks released, I choose Gilian (£27), the other neutral shade, Giny does look quite similar but its warmer.
Gilian is a neutral nude pink with touches of beige and peach. It has a subtle shimmery glow, I think its a beautiful colour.
Both products are scented.

8 comments:

  1. I quite like the Guerlain scent actually, I personally much prefer it to YSL's! And yes, the glosses do tend to have some tackiness but not excessive, at least my hair never gets stuck to my lips (unless it's v.windy!) unlike with some other glosses I can think of...Gilian looks lovely, is it noticeable on your lips or is it a bit of a MLBB shade? I was actually thinking of doing darker lips this A/W, haven't had a proper look for good colours yet...any suggestions?? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are pretty but I don't think I can get myself to pay $46 for a lipstick since I can barely use the same one over and over. LOL. Thanks for the swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grenat is on my list also. Beautiful colour (and I personally don't mind the tackiness too much) and such elegant packaging...Enjoy!
    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that lipstick! I have Giselle in that formula and it feels so good on the lips. I don't mind the scent of their lippies.

    Thanks for the swatch!
    x
    j

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, great picks! :) I have Gilian and agree it is a lovely shade and the Rouge G formula is one of the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anna,
    It does show up well on me but I don't think I have much lip pigment naturally. In terms of dark lips depends how far you want to go, I do really like my Burberry prune but its quite intense if you don't blot it. Hourglass are coming out with their new lipsticks on Zuneta really soon and they are likely to have some nice deep colours x

    Hi Get Gawjus,
    I think they were the highlight out of all the Guerlain fall stuff I got.

    Hi Kristie,
    I know what you mean, however my common sense seems to disappear when I go to a makeup counter :)

    Hi Nina,
    Yes, its quite a you shade I think, I am tempted to get another one, but can't remeber what it was called now! x

    Hi Jv,
    They are a nice formula,I've been wearing the lipstick quite a lot, shame about the price though, although I did buy a Tom Ford lipstick recently which out does the Guerlain price.

    Hello Makeup Magpie,
    I think we have quite similer tastes :) Its a great shade to throw on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these colours look lovely. I can see why you were much happier with these purchases from the collection. Of course you had me interested as soon as you said slightly warm rose!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin