Friday 26 August 2011

Chanel Illusion d'Ombre Epatant

Chanel introduces us to six shades of a gel textured eyeshadow with their fall collection. The shadows have a spongy/springy texture, they feel quite creamy, yet lightweight. The shadow applies evenly and blends in well and does not feel drying.
The shadow come with a tiny angled brush (which I forget to photograph) it works really well to create a thick but even line.
The shadows have really good pigment, I bought Epatant (£22.50), which is an intensely shimmered greyed green with a silver edge.
When I first used this I applied two coats and found the colour too stark and frosty, picture below
I much prefer wearing it with one application of colour and with a cool dark deep brown just at the outer edge, picture below ( this is after 11 hours wear with a primer so doesn't look as crisp as when I first applied it)
Although these are deemed long wearing I have to wear an eyeshadow primer with these otherwise I do get creasing after an hour or two.
I was worried that these would have the same texture and wear as the spring Ombres Perleés de Chanel Eyeshadow Palette (which I really didn't get on with) which is why I only bought one, however now that I know the formula is different I'll go back and get Illusoire.
Swatched below on the left and blended in on the right:

Ingredients:
Although we are all very caught up with these gel shadows and the nail polishes from Chanel's fall collection, I was very tempted by the neutral Prelude eyeshadow quad, unfortunately we get the baked version here in the UK and it did swatch sheer but I am going back and forth on this as I really did like the colours, if anyone has the baked version I'd loved to know how it applies?

I bought this from John Lewis

7 comments:

  1. I loved all the colours but I went for one to begin with as well in Mirifique. I haven't yet tried mine all over the lid, only as a thick line and it did fade a little towards the end of the day. I like the unusual, bouncy texture which seems to be good for not getting lots of fallout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Epatant is the one that I'm likely to get so it's lovely to see your swatches and hear your thoughts. It is very pretty but imagine I will also need to apply a primer like you. Illusoire is calling to me but I think going for something totally different would be more beneficial.

    PS. I placed a Zuneta order today :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the colour is awesome. I haven't tried them at all but they look similar to the new L'Oreal infalliable shadows...same potted, spongey texture.
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful! I like the way it looks on you both ways, but it does look especially pretty with the dark brown on the outer edge. This is definitely my favorite shade among these :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Meeta,
    I do like the texture, I am tempted to get one of the darker ones to use to line, I wasn't sure if these were limited edition or not?

    Hi Jane,
    oooh, what did you order, the Hourglass palette? I don't get paid until Wednesday so will have to wait before I splurge, I like the look of those new RBR liners as well x

    Hi Alicia,
    I've had one of the L'oreal ones, I'd say their texture is between the chanel and the Armani eyes to kill, I do think the L'oreal last better than the Chanel though :)

    Hi Makeup Magpie,
    Thank you :) All the shades are very pretty, I guess I have been wearing a lot of natural, non shimmered shades of late so thats why I thought it a bit full on when I first tried it x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Replica

    The Chanel SA said that everything was permanent apart from the khaki eyeliner and the Graphite nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Meeta,
    Thanks, your the girl in the know :) x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin