Friday 7 October 2011

Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet La Distinguee #33

Matte formula's seem the most difficult to get right as they are often uncomfortable, drying and not smooth. Chanel has sought to produce a matte finish lipstick that is soft,moisturising, weightless and comfortable with a luminous matte finish.
Of the eight shades the majority are quite bold, I went for the most quiet, natural one of course, shade La Distinguee #33 (£23.50).
Its a pigmented peachy/coral pink, unlike a lot of mattes the colour does not look flat, I didn't think a luminous matte finish was possible but apparently so.
The texture of these do have a velvety feel to the touch and apply amazingly smooth for a matte formula.
However, whilst on application the lipstick feels light I do find it clings to my lips and I am very aware of it, whilst I wouldn't say these are drying I wouldn't go so far as to say they feel hydrating/moisturising. So for me the product delivers on pigment and appearance but I'm not overly keen on how it feels on.
They come in the same packaging as the regular Rouge Allure.
Ingredients:

I bought this from John Lewis

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful color! But I agree, mattes can be really hard to wear. I know just what you mean about it clinging to the lips, as though it's a masque sucking all the moisture out, slowly but surely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Like you, I found these to cling to the lips and after some time, felt a bit drying. It does take some work if your lips are dry as well. The colors are super pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad they weren't more moisturizing/comfortable on the lips. Lovely shade though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a lovely colour, too bad it's not completely comfortable on the lips. Based on some online swatches I really want to try the bright pink L'Exuberante but I'll definitely check out the whole Velvet line when they come out here. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Zuzu's Petals,
    Your slowly but surely sounded rather sinister ;)It is a nice colour, not sure I would wear any of the other colours though :)

    Hi Kristie,
    Thank you :) The reviews of these do seem somewhat mixed, the colour is pretty, seems more spring like really :)

    Hi Vintage Makeup,
    I do think I'll try it with a balm under it from now on :)

    Hi Klara,
    They do have some really colour intense shades, there was quite a nice deep brown with a hint of red, although I know it wouldn't suit me :) I think its a range you do need to check out in person like you say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of this but the matte scares me a bit. The color is AMAZING! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this new range as I was swatching the Illusion D' Ombre eyeshadows and the red one was probably the only other thing that caught my attention from the whole display (apart from the Illusion D Ombres naturally)!

    Seems like Chanel did an awesome job with the formula, they really look matte! I loved the blue toned red, but not sure I should get another bold red, since it's probably doomed to collect dust!

    Must say though I'm very curious now!
    Did u feel like it separates on the lips..showing lines etc? Or that it gives them a 2 dimensional look?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jeanie,
    Mattes usually scare me as well but this is a good one in terms of how it looks once applied xx

    Hello Tina,
    I wish I could wear bold reds, I always look strange and over the top if a wear a bold lip colour :( I don't find it shows lines which I found surprising and I don't think the colour looks flat like a lot of mattes, I do think you should have another look at the range :) x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin