Sunday 17 June 2012

Dior Colour Designer: All-In-One Makeup palette

I was overjoyed when my brother returned from a business trip bearing gifts from Heathrow airport dutyfree. He bought me this little gem of a palette (around £45).


It really does contain everything you need for a whole look. The base products are the anticernes concealer in shade Beige Clair/Light Beige and Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Powder make up in shade #032 Sable Rose.

For my pale skin these are both too dark but are usable mixed in with a lighter shade, probably best for those around a MAC NC25. As the concealer is just marked anticernes, I'm not sure if its the diorskin nude one or the sculpt, it has a medium coverage and is very creamy. The powder makeup feels very smooth and covers pores well.
The DiorBlush #830 Rose Dragee has a dry texture and is very low on pigment, giving a whisper of cool pink with slight silver micro glitter.
For eyes we have a mini quint, it contains pinks, a plum,a brown and a white (the shades listed are #852,#501,#689,#836,#959).

Though all the shades are high shimmer leaning to frost, they are very pretty and can create a variety of looks.

The lip items are thoughtfully enclosed behind a lid to prevent any other products getting in them.
Shown below with the lid open,

You get a Dior Addict high volume lip plumper #010 Pink (I don't notice a plumping effect though it does feel tingly, what I like about this is that it makes glosses stay on longer) and two Addict Ultra Glosses, #270 and #680 (ones a baby pink and one a pink with a slight fuchsia tone, both contain micro glitter).

The mascara is a mini Extase in black and there is a little drawer that opens underneath the palette which houses a mini crayon eyeliner in Noir #090 (black) and mini crayon eyebrow pencil Sable sand #453 (slightly warm brown), the drawer also contains some little applicators and a sponge.

 Swatches below L-R: Concealer, powder foundation, blush, lip plumper and glosses

Swatches below of the eyeshadows and brow/eye pencils


I think its a well thought out palette with colours that are going to flatter the majority of skin tones, I also think the quality is the same as that of the full sized products. I really do like the convenience of having so many products together, I'm really glad to have this, so thanks very much to my brother.


My brother bought me this from the world duty free store at Terminal 5, Heathrow airport.

14 comments:

  1. So nice and thoughtful of your brother to buy you such a lovely palette. I love looking at these all in one palettes, I would spent a lot of time if I am at the DFS airport looking at these but I can never decide which one to get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqueline,
      I was very surprised, of coures I'll get my hopes up everytime he flys from that airport now ;)

      Delete
  2. Hi replica,
    I have one Dior travelling palette that I rarely use coz I think that the pigmentation isn't that good. Do you feel that Dior travelling palette and their "retail" palette has difference in their quality?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi memoiselle,
      This is my first travel palette but I think the quality, pigment etc is the same from what I have tried from the normal line, maybe I have lucked out? x

      Delete
  3. Hi Replica, This looks like a really lovely palette-- those lip glosses are especially gorgeous. This is definitely a convenient all-in-one palette. I wanted to let you know that I nominated you and your fabulous blog for The Versatile Blogger Award:

    http://lolassecretbeautyblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/versatile-blogger-award-recipient.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lola,
      The lip glosses are rather nice, its quite a safe collection of colours.
      Thanks again for my nomination, you are so sweet :) x

      Delete
    2. The whole palette really looks lovely!

      You are so very welcome, you are so deserving!

      Delete
  4. Ooooh! Pretty! I must look for this palette! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pammy,
    I am pleased with it, I hate to think how much I'd end up with if I was let loose in a makeup dutyfree store :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice palette! It's so convenient to have everything all in one place. I really like the look of the eye colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi makeup magpie,
    I think the eyeshadows are my favourite part of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, the article was thoughtful. My boyfriend got me this palette for christmas and I am disappointed because it doesn't come with an eye-shadow tutorial menu, plus I couldn't tell which was the face powder and concealer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Yes, Dior do usually have the shadow placement tutorial leaflets in their other palettes, I tend to use the pink on the lid,plum in the crease, brown to line and outer V and the light pink and white on the inner lid.
      The concealer is on the top left, the face powder directly below.

      Delete
  9. How much in Indian rupee , anyone please let me know?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin