Sunday 24 June 2012

Some of my favourite taupe shadows

Taupe seems to be one of those universal colours that most people find flattering and is usually the backbone of creating a polished eye look. Of course there are different nuances of taupes, while to the untrained non makeup addict eye they all look rather similar in the pan, once on there are varying undertones that makes each one that little bit different and therefore warranting a space in ones make up collection.

It was quiet interesting swatching these together as I found that it made the differing tones more visible. I've entitled this post "some" as I don't have enough arm space to swatch all my favourites.
Kjaer Weis wisdom, this is probably one of my most cool toned taupes as it leans more grey, it has a satin finish.

 Le Metier de beaute Le Cirque Kaleidoscope, shade Spectacle. Its a slightly more mauve toned taupe with a satin finish and tiny micro glitter.

Chantecaille Tiger in the Wild palette, another cool toned taupe, the finish is more of a satin and has a really flattering glow about it.

The taupe from the Suqqu Kozuecha #10 palette, this has a golden tone and has a shimmery finish.

Rouge Bunny Rouge Bohemian Waxwing, on me I get a very slight touch of bronze to this shimmery taupe.

MAC satin taupe, slightly deeper taupe, again I find this has a mauve tone and with a shimmery finish.

 Burberry Rosewood #09 beautiful soft taupe with a hint of rose/mauve, has a very gently shimmer and glow finish.

I neglected to include RBR Solstice Halcyon, which is a bit of a fail on my part as I have hit so much pan on that shade I will be ordering another one.

Swatches L-R: Kjaer Weis, LMDB, Suqqu, RBR,MAC,Chantecaille, Burberry
 
My very simple look below is Burberry on the inner lid, RBR on the outer and Kjaer Weis in the crease.

 

So my question is, are there any other taupes you think I need?

16 comments:

  1. I LOVED this post! Rosewood is on my list for the end of ban :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane,
      Thank you :) I bet Rosewood is in good company on your list xx

      Delete
  2. I have never been a taupe fan until recently, all the taupes you featured are so pretty. I am going to take out my Rosewood and give it some love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqueline,
      I think taupe is always a colour I go for :) It is nice to get out the neglected shades every so often :)

      Delete
  3. Taupe is the best :) The LMDB looks very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi memoiselle,
      Thanks :) Yes, there are not many taupes I've met that I haven't liked ;)

      Delete
  4. The more I dable in make up, the more I've been learning to appreciate taupe. You have some beauties there and that eyelook is so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Odyssey,
      Thank you :) Perhaps you are just starting on the taupe obsession :)

      Delete
  5. We need to get you Wet n Wild Silent Treatment. It's obviously not high end but it's a great trio. Let me know if you'd like me to try to find one for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marcia,
      Thank you for the kind offer :) though I think we might be able to get hold of Wet N wild here, I'll write that down and do a search :)

      Delete
  6. Great post on taupe collection! Would recommend wet n wild silent treatment too or Chanel fauve. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miaka,
      Thank you :) I do really like the colour of Chanel Fauve but I am not keen on the texture, now if they would bring out that shade in the duo formula I'd be happy :)

      Delete
  7. Heyyy! It's been so long since we talked! :)
    I absolutely love this post, because as you know I also love taupes! I think amongst the plummy undertone taupes you've mentioned quite a variety but I have a fave that I wanted to share: Shiseido luminizing satin eyecolor RD709: creamiest, plummy taupe ever, also got a slight almost rose-gold undertone: absolutely stunning! And P&J eyegloss #5 murmur, Chanel Safari should also fit well here.
    As always your eye look is sooo pretty, the kjaer weis looks stunning in the crease, wouldn't think it'd be so much darker than the others from looking at it in the pan, no?
    I presume there will be a continuation of this series to cover bronzey-taupes, purpley-taupes, grey-taupes?? ;)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lakshmi,
    It has been a while, good to have a catch up :)
    I'll write the Shiseido and P&J down, thanks, I did have Chanel Safari, not sure what I did with it...I'll have to presume it wasn't a love.
    I'm glad you like the eye look, the Kjaer weis shadows have really good colour payoff, if they were on a UK site I'd be buying more of them.
    aaah the variations of taupes, I might look a bit obsessed if I do too many taupe posts though ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe that I didn't comment on this BRILLIANT post back in June. This makes me lightheaded and somewhat delirious looking at all of these gorgeous shades of taupe! You and Jane have been taunting me with Kjaer Weis Wisdom for ages-- I just need to pick it up!!! Hopefully they will have the refill pan in stock! Gorgeous swatches and EOTD! Now I need to go fan myself- because this was just taupetastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, well I am glad you like and yes you do need to buy wisdom already ;)xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin