Sunday 2 December 2012

Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Colour: Gilded Bronze

The Holiday Art Deco Muse collection focuses on metallics for the eyes and rich reds for the lips. The four quilted Illuminating Eye Colours instantly stand out.


I am not into high shimmer/metallic finishes such as these, but upon swatching I didn't have any doubt in my mind that at least one needed to come home with me.

 
The pigmentation is phenomenal, I actually try to apply this lightly such is the intensity.The shadows are embossed with a quilted pattern, it applies extremely smooth and blends well. The shade I bought, Gilded Bronze (£20), applies a lot cooler than it looks in the pan and though its called bronze, I would describe this as a taupe.

As the natural light it so bad here at the moment, I have taken a photo in natural light and with a flash as below:

 
I think its a beautiful shade and I am very tempted to go back for more.

I bought this from John Lewis

16 comments:

  1. I'm so surprised at the swatch -- it doesn't look like the pan at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does look very different, I was expecting something much warmer so was very pleased when I swatched it instore :)

      Delete
  2. This is definitely on my wish list, along with Gilded Platinum. Looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate :) My mother bought Gilded Platinum after I raved about this one so I may attempt to "borrow" it ;)

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous!! The swatch looks a little different from the pan but still beautiful. I wouldn't want to mess up the pattern though. lol. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bright Town Girl,
      It does look very different, the other shades seemed to swatch the same as they look in the pan so not sure why this one doesn't. I know what you mean about messing up the pattern :)

      Delete
  4. Oh wow..
    I am surprised that it looks darker that what I expected. The thing that caught my attention is the pattern of the eyeshadow, so pretty!

    xx Meryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meryl,
      The pattern is really pretty, it seems to have held up so far as well even though I have worn this shade quite a lot now :)x

      Delete
    2. That's good to hear!
      I am so sad everytime I see my eyeshadow/blush with pretty patterns start to fade :(

      Delete
    3. I know what you mean, I felt sad when the elephant embossed design on the Chantecaille palette went away :(

      Delete
  5. Replica, I just went out yesterday and bought 3 of these. I skipped The rose gold shade. I'm kinda shell shocked. I'm having a omg what have I done moment, but gosh these are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Jacqueline, well sometimes we just have to have a splurge, and they are so pretty, how were you to resist ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so great on you! :) I picked up Gilded Moonlight and Gilded Platinum. After seeing how beautiful this one looks, I think I might "need" it too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you makeup magpie :) I think you might "need" it as well, I'm going to borrow platinum off my mum but think I might end up buying it myself and also the gold one, I don't often really rave about a LM product but these are very impressive :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't resist the call of these and ordered some from Nordstrom. They are on a truck now and I can't wait. Beautiful swatches, you make me excited.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you are looking forward to them Marcia, I have on the platinum today and though its lighter than the bronze its still very pretty, slightly golden toned I would say so I am not too sure about their shade names :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin