Sunday 7 April 2013

Chanel Avant-Première de Chanel: Rouge Coco Shine Interlude

The Avant-Première collection launched last week in the UK, I think the collection is not yet released in all countries (for example I think it hits America in May). The collection which is inspired by movie icons, consists of 6 Rouge Coco lipsticks, 4 Les Vernis and 8 Rouge Coco Shines. What interested me the most was the Coco Shines as they are meant to contain 30% more pigment than the original version.


On swatching all the shades in the store the change in pigment was clear, though I do wonder that given the slip of the formula, if the darker shades would run.
I played safe and bought the second lightest shade, #78 Interlude (£24). Its a creamy peach/coral shade.

Swatched below L-R: By Terry Rouge Terrybly Love Me Tender, Chanel Interlude,Tom Ford lip colour shine Frolic.

Formula wise, there is a slight difference; it is not quite as lightweight as the original formula and I find it a tad less hydrating (its prone to highlighting dry area, but that may just be this shade). In terms of finish it still has the same glossy/shine finish of the original version, but the pigment is noticeable higher.
Looking at the collection as a whole, whilst I think that there is a good spectrum of flattering colours, I felt like I'd seen it all before and would be hard pushed to name a shade that looked like a stand out.
Ingredients:

I bought this from Boots

6 comments:

  1. I think I've just self-overloaded on all the new sheer formulas! The color is lovely though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, they seem to be everywhere :)

      Delete
  2. Hm... I certainly want to have a look at the new shades, since I found most of the originals too sheer for my liking, but I must admit that I didn't find the original formula to be hydrating, so I'm not sure these will be a pleasure to wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate,
      Whilst I think you will like the pigment, the hydration, or lack of, might be a problem, shame you can't have a test run before buying really.

      Delete
  3. I think I need more peachy tones in my stash, this one really does look more pigmented, I have to take a look at this colour, actually, the BT lippie looks yummy as well / Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to have quite a lot of peachy tones in my collection, which seems odd as I never though of myself as a fan of the colour :) The BT is really lovely I have to say xxx

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin