Sunday 22 September 2013

YSL Forever Youth Liberator Foundation

I'll very rarely try new foundations but the supposedly revolutionary new serum/foundation by YSL caught my attention.

Infused with the Forever Youth Liberator Serum, its meant to revive "skins youthful brightness and creates a more uniform complexion. Skin looks firmer and wrinkles appear clearly diminished, while the creamy coverage makes your complexion look beautifully even and rejuvenated", further to this its meant to offer medium to full coverage and provide 24 hours of hydration.
A bit about my skin first before I get onto my thoughts on this, I have sensitive, dry skin but I do get a shiny breakthrough but the skin underneath is still dry/dehydrated. I have a lot of uneven pigmentation, scarring from acne and currant acne. I do have wrinkles but they are not massively deep set as yet.

I bought the lightest shade B10 (£34) its a very good colour match for my pale skin and whilst it has a obvious yellow tone it does not look out of place on my skin.
Swatched below L-R: MAC face & body N1, YSL, Omorovicza Complexion Perfector BB light

The foundation contains the  patented Colour Tune-Up Complex to correct dullness, and give a brighter complexion. I find this gives medium coverage and works well to unify and even out my complexion, though it does not cover more pigmented scarring nor spots. It does brighten up my complexion and as long as you are not too close up the coverage and finish it initially gives looks almost flawless, however this foundation does not last at all, the coverage fades and my shine breaks through within an hour.


It spreads on nicely and blends down well, however I really think it accentuates any dryness and can make the skin look flaky (where previously it did not). Due to the more luminous finish it can highlight any acne you may have especially if you have bumps.

I should also mention the size is 30ML which seems a bit smaller than the average, though I do really like that this has a pump dispenser.

Ingredients below, this does contain fragrance.


I'm sure those with well behaved even skin would like this, but for my troublesome skin this just doesn't work for me.


I bought this from John Lewis

2 comments:

  1. Thank u for this review, I was curious about this foundation,but seeing as my skin is at its worst atm (add stress to the skincare reaction you mentioned),I guess I'll pass for now..!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think this is worth skipping if your skin is not in the best condition, its another one of those times that I wish we could return makeup in the UK ;)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin