Wednesday 13 November 2013

MAC Gorgeous Eyes Collection: Melt My Heart

You'd be forgiven for not noticing the MAC Gorgeous Eyes Collection for this Fall, the release of pre-filled eyeshadow quads featuring re-promoted or permanent shades barely made a whimper on its release (unlike the useful fanfare that accompanies a MAC collection), even at the counter I went to the quads were stuffed at the side not even having a proper stand, how very sad...

At £30, which is quite a bit cheaper than if you bought a 4 pan and filled it yourself, I thought these were well worth a look. I bought the Melt My Heart Eye Shadow Quad which contains the below, 

Forgery: sheer glittery silver (Lustre) 
Melt My Heart: very shiny/metallic silver (Veluxe Pearl) 
Heather Belles: deep charcoal (Satin) 
Silver Ring: satin grey (Veluxe Pearl)


I can't say that any of the shades are unique and truth be told I do think its a bit too shiny/metallic on me, but the overall quality is quite good, with the lustre being the worst performer (though that's just the way of Lustres; not very smooth and lacking the pigment punch).



It delivers in creating a smoky look with a good graduation in colour intensities within the same family. I think this is nice to have if you haven't already got similar colours in your collection but its not an essential.

I bought this from maccosmetics.co.uk

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty!! I haven't given much thought to MAC for a while now, but this does look like a lovely palette! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not so much into MAC like I used to be, though I still can't resist picking up things now and again :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey, that's lovely of you to say :)

      Delete
  3. I have to agree with Stacey, the eye look you did is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin