Sunday 2 February 2014

RMK Play on Pink Spring 2014: Kaleidoscope Cheek 02 Beige Pink

The first collection from RMK's new Creative Director KAORI, Play on Pink is a visually pretty collection. As per the name, variants of pink feature throughout, with the designs on the shadows, blushers and face powders depicting the play of light in the form of kaleidoscopic and prismatic patterns.


I bought one of the blushers in shade #02 Beige Pink (£20). Compact in size and with a mirror, the blush features two shades; a golden yellow (with quite a high level of micro glitter) and a sweet candy pink (with a more shimmery pearlescent finish).

Shown below with a MAC blusher to give an indication of the small size

The powder feels very smooth and lightweight and blends perfectly on the skin. Now I am not a fan of micro glitter in face products and though this is not noticeable unless you get up close, normally this would bother me, but this blush is such a breath of fresh air, I'm going to overlook it.
Swatched individually then both shades combined

The shades combined give a beautiful feminine airy peachy/beige/pink flush to the skin. Pigment is on the sheer side, but it works so well, with the combined finishes creating a pretty touch of light on the skin.

Ingredients:




I bought this from lookfantastic.com/

14 comments:

  1. This is an unknown brand to me but wow that blush is real pretty! The design is nice but the colors combined create a beautiful effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't seem to get too much coverage on blogs which is a real shame. I really love the combined colours of this, I wondering if I should pick up the other blusher from the collection as well now ;)

      Delete
  2. I've never tried anything from RMK, but it's such a pretty blush when you swirled the two shades together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a brand worth trying, the shadows,blushers and lipsticks are really nice, all have a nice lightweight feel to them. There are some very pretty face highlighting powders from this collection as well which I am really tempted by :)

      Delete
  3. That is a pretty blush Clare. I'm glad you like it. We have RMK here but it isn't a brand I'm into although they make pretty stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is different to the brands I usually go for, has quite a light, girly vibe to it I think, every time I buy something from them I keep thinking I should look into the line further though :)

      Delete
  4. never heard of the brand but i quite like the packaging and looks like nice blush, the swatch is pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yoannita, it is such a pretty colour with the shades combined, I just love how easily it blends as I tend to have to be really careful with blush application but this goes on so well :)

      Delete
  5. Have you seen RMK's other Spring offering - the Kaleidoscope Nuance Color for Face? It's gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only seen the stock photos online, I am very tempted by the powders, can't work out which one to get, one looks more like an illuminator and the other more of a healthy glow type one?

      Delete
  6. I usually don't like mixed colors in one pan like this, but I bet that these two mixed together look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do work so nicely together, a different colour to what I was initially expecting, lovely nonetheless :)

      Delete
  7. I actually think you have the eyeshadow which explains the smaller shape...the eyeshadow works as a blush too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,
      It definitely says blush on the back, the eyeshadows have a slightly different design to this. I like compact makeup so the small size suits me ;)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin