Sunday 30 March 2014

Chanel Les 4 Ombres Tissé Camelia

My second quad from the newly reformulated range, Tisse Camelia (£40) contains a shimmery medium mauve taupe, shimmery white, iridescent peachy pink and satin finish deep cool brown.



The colours work extremely well together and its more of a cooler overall look. Actually I am finding that too much coolness doesn't actually suit me so in hindsight I'd probably been best to skip this one, but it really is a classic combination of shades with a good variation in intensity so you can go for a soft look or full on drama.

 
Texture wise, whilst this is much improved in terms of pigment, smoothness and blendability compared to the baked formula, I don't find this quad quite as smooth/soft to the touch as the shades in Tissé Mademoiselle (reviewed here). I am being pernickety and it doesn't affect application but I thought worth mentioning.

I bought this from Boots.

15 comments:

  1. These colours are really pretty. I recently swatched these and now I am lusting after pretty much all of them! The texture feels so much smoother and nicer then their previous eyeshadows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such an improvement isn't it, I wonder if they will change the singles and duos as all three options seem to have a different formula.

      Delete
  2. This one is really a beauty but I'm still hesitating because of that white. It's just, you know, so white! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I agree, its close to being too stark a white, in some ways would have been better had it been less pigmented, best use in the inner corner or a dab on the centre lid I think.

      Delete
  3. Wow! such an amazing palette <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend checking out this new formula :)

      Delete
  4. They look gorgeous on your eyes. I love it but I do not need any more neutrals. Sigh! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I don't need more neutrals either but seem to have a problem as I keep picking them up ;)

      Delete
  5. Fab review Claire and love the look you have done-I also picked this one up!

    Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Clare spelt your name wrong xxx

      Delete
    2. Thanks, glad you like the look, I bet this one is really going to suit you :)
      and no problem about the name ;)
      xxx

      Delete
  6. I'm definitely going to check these out Clare. I still think it looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm wondering if you will go for the green toned one, I bet that would look great on you :)

      Delete
  7. Glad to hear that there's an improvement of the formula in their new eyeshadow. I have not checked any of the new formula yet, and hopefully I'll be sold :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so much better compared to the baked, there are a few more I will be picking up that's for sure :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin