Sunday 2 March 2014

Rouge Bunny Rouge: Rain Dove & Rufous-Tailed Weaver Long Lasting Eye Shadow

I was so pleased when there was mention of new eye shades in one of my favourite eye-shadow formula's ever.


Rain Dove is a light golden beige.
Rufous-Tailed Weaver is a medium brown with a bronze/gold sheen.
 
I find it hard to describe the shades as they both have the wonderful complexity of differing tones that we are use to from RBR. Both have a natural warmth and really brighten the eye area with a ever so flattering satin finish with gentle glimmer that catches the light.
Both have a delightfully smooth, buttery soft texture with a high level of pigment. They glide on and blend effortlessly and have a great wear time.
 
When I first heard about these shade I wondered if they would be similar to other RBR shades, Bohemian Waxwing and Abyssinian Catbird. Now I have them I think they are not similar though work really well together, swatched below L-R: Bohemian Waxwing, Rain Dove, Rufous-Tailed Weaver, Abyssinian Catbird
 
I bought the refill pans that fit in their palette system (called Keepers) but they also come in the single compacts with mirror.

Both these shades are a must have as far as I am concerned, there is no negatives at all in the formula/application and the colours are just divine. They work so well together and I think they will complement any eye colour and skin tone.


I bought these from http://en.rougebunnyrouge.com/

14 comments:

  1. Hey Clare, I'm glad you got them and you like them a lot! Same here. Rain Dove is so much lighter on my skin tone. It's always nice to see RBR shades on others, as they could look so surprisingly different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my pale skin probably does intensify shades, I loved the way these shades look on you, I really think they are must haves :)

      Delete
  2. Oh these look so nice on your eyes. I am not sure if these would flatten my complexion though, do they lean a little khaki or antic gold like? I love the formula of RBR too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara :) I had thought these would be really warm but have not found that the case, Rufous-Tailed Weaver does have a hint of olive/khaki about it in some lights though its barely noticeable, Rain Dove does have a bit of antique gold look about it but not brassy if you know what I mean, in some light it almost looks like it has a slight rose cast, they are complex shades and I think you would wear these well :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my these are so pretty!!! I only have a blush from RBR and can easily imagine how these must be! I'll take the plunge, one day I will! Beautiful colors on you, You make them appear so delicate, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think you need to add to your RBR collection ;) you know how much a fan of the range I am, I bet you would like a lot of their eye shades.

      Delete
  4. Those are so pretty! I'll have scope out if they sell them here in the USA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb,
      Their site ships to USA and the range is also stocked at beautyhabit.com, so you too can enjoy :)

      Delete
  5. Oh how lovely the shades! Im a big fan of neutrals! I think this would work great!! i never heard of the brand before! Thanks for the introduction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its one of my favorite brands, the eyeshadows are a great place to start :)

      Delete
  6. Oooooh, so all pro's huh? That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm waiting (and waiting) for these to get to the US. I am on a no-buy for a while but it will be broken when these are available. I'm happy to see the shades on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seemed to be delayed in their release here as well, I do hope they come out there soon so you can grab them as I do think you need these beauties in your live :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin