Sunday 19 October 2014

October Hits & Misses from Burberry, MAC & Surratt

With a backlog of products to post about before moving onto the Holiday collections, forgive me for doing a couple of bung as many products as you can together posts :)
 
Part of the Burberry Fall release, Lip Cover in Tulip Pink #27 (£22.50), is available in the regular line up. Its a beautiful warm nude pink with an almost opaque coverage and a creamy slight shine finish. Though not particularly hydrating, its not drying and has an average wear time.
 
I'm still very tempted by the Nude Blush eye palette from the collection, I'm just waiting to see a review from someone cool toned to see if it would work on me.
 
From the MAC Artificially Wild collection I bought eyeshadows in Stony and Artificial Earth (£13 each). Artificial Earth is a medium mauve/pink nude. Stony is a medium grey. Both have a satin finish, good pigment but slightly dry in feel.
 
Neither shade suits me, Artificial Earth looks a bit muddy and Stony is just very ordinary and flat looking.
I bought Gospel Lipstick (22) from the Brooke Shields collection. It has a creamy, hydrating feel with a very good wear time, I wish all Lustres performed like this.
 
Its a medium plummy cranberry, its very wearable as is does not pull too dark or too bright. 
 
I've been impressed with the Surratt products so far, though a lack of coverage does make it difficult to make informed online orders for those of us unable to see the brand in real life.
For the eyebrows you buy the Expressioniste Rechargeable Brow Pencil Holder £17.50 and the Expressioniste Brow Pencil Refill £11. I bought the lightest shade Blonde. Its a slim line holder and the brush is tightly packed with the right amount of firmness.
 
In terms of texture this is easily the best brow product I've ever used, it just glides on like you wouldn't believe, delivering such a smooth application. The shade intensity is easily adapted to suit your needs and its lasts the whole day with no fading. Unfortunately the actual colour doesn't work for me as its too warm, nevertheless if you can find the right shade I'd recommend this in a heart beat.
Swatched below: Charlotte Tilbury Grace,Surratt Blonde, Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Taupe (formally called Ash Blonde).
 

 
Relevee Volumising Mascara in Noir £23, really is a lovely mascara for a more natural look. It gives really good length to the lashes with lift. The best aspects for me it just how clump resistant this is and how well it wears, even in hot humid or wet conditions.I do prefer more thickening with my mascara as I have sparse lashes but this is a mascara worth checking out.

So on the whole mostly hits, though I am forming a habit of making MAC mistakes (I didn't like anything I bought from the Novel Romance collection) so probably need to exercise some restraint :)

I bought the MAC from a free standing store, the Burberry from http://uk.burberry.com and the Surratt from http://www.liberty.co.uk

12 comments:

  1. man oh man that burberry lipstick <3 <3
    Also, can't wait to see what you pick up from all of the holiday collections! ;)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a beauty isn't it :) My first foray into holiday has been Guerlain, most of the others don't come out till November, will be an expensive month :)

      Delete
  2. Great round up sweetie, I actually really like the way you have used the MAC shadows. Am a sucker for a Burberry lippy too!!

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey, they just look a bit bleugh on me if you know what I mean :) I do love myself a Burberry lipstick, shame they aren't releasing any new shades for their holiday collection.

      Delete
  3. I wish I saw more about Surratt but I'm guilty of not writing about my own buys since they were mostly misses. No good swatches online so without having a store that carries the line I don't think I can afford making more Surratt mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does make you hesistant to order more given the price, I think one of my favourite things is their blusher, just love the texture of it. I do wonder how well the line will do long term though.

      Delete
  4. Gospel is a beauty! I've been really into plummy shades. No idea when the collection will hit the stores here yet, but I'll keep an eye out for that! I am mildly curious about the Surrat brow pencil, but what I'm REALLY eyeing is the new Burberry one! It has the same tip as Hourglass/TF, which I find perfect as I practically need to draw my brows on. I know teeny tiny tips are supposed to fill the brows in more naturally, but it just takes too long for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the shade would suit you :)
      I thought that Burberry one looked good as well, also the liners and mascara's, though only seen a few reviews so far though so am undecided.

      Delete
  5. Best brow product ever? I need it. I've never even tried Suratt but I feel like you've got my back on this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do really rate it, such a shame the colour didn't work for me, the Anastasia is a much better match, just need that colour with the Surratt formula :)

      Delete
  6. I just found out we have a Surrat counter and I've been dying to visit. Just wish I had the time, I want to pick up some eye shadows and a blush or two. I would definitely take a look at their brow products too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh dear, your wallet is in trouble then as I am sure you will find a lot to like from the line :) I do wish I could see it in real life, I'd like to get some more blushers really, do wish their palettes were magentic rather than just a bit of sticky tape though!

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin