Sunday 5 October 2014

The new Chanel Rouge Allure Gloss: Sensible

Chanel has just brought out a concise collection showcasing their new Rouge Allure Gloss. Asides from the 8 Rouge Allure Gloss shades at the counter I went to (though I have read there might be 10/11 shades) there are also 3 new Nail Polishes and 3 new Rouge Allure lipsticks.


The first thing to notice is the packaging, its the same concept as the Rouge Allure Lipsticks in that you click the top and the tube pops up. It has a doe foot applicator which holds a good amount of product, I find one application provides enough coverage.


I bought shade #15 Sensible (£26). Its a natural looking pink with a glossy finish.

In terms of formula, the write up is that this is "a gloss for women who love lipstick. A lipstick for women who love gloss". The product is said to combine "lacquered shine with intense colour, maintaining shine and hold for hours on end".

Do I agree, well If you are going to bring out a new formula its needs to offer something different or be an improvement on the other products in the range. I don't find this that dissimilar to the Rouge Allure Extraits (which I assume its replacing). It has the similar gel like texture, smooth application and good pigment and non drying feel. Its perhaps slightly lighter than the Rouge Allure Extraits, though still has the same sticky/tacky feel. I would say that the new Rouge Allure gloss has a very short wear time, which is disappointing considering that was meant to be one of its attributes.

 
Its not a bad gloss by any means, but I just don't think it offers anything new to the table and I don't think it delivers on its claim of a long wear.
 
Ingredients:
 
 
I bought this from Boots.

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE this packaging -- the Rouge Allure lipsticks are so fun to play with! I annoy everyone around me by constantly clicking it in and out. Maybe I shouldn't get this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, yes there is something about the fun of the clicking isn't there :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your review. :)
    I like the Rouge Allure Extraits and the tube, so I guess I will pick a few of these eventually.
    Although I love the pop-up tube of Rouge Allure lipsticks, sometimes I find the cap released on its own. I hope it is not the case with the lip gloss.
    Sensible looks very pretty and natural. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had this in my handbag for a few days and have not found the cap releases on its own, so hopefully these will be ok :)
      Its a very easy to wear shade, was the most natural looking one in the line up.

      Delete
  3. I think I may have to try at least one....even tho I haven't read any amazing reviews yet

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well its your blogger duty to try at least one ;)
      I think reviews are mixed, I just read one that didn't find them sticky at all which I can't understand, funny how different opinions can be :)

      Delete
  4. The shade is super pretty. Must go look x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say this is the most easy to wear shade, they did have a nice plummy one that would be good for Fall.

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin